Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Interview with A Unicorn

Most people would recognize a unicorn if they saw one but do they truly know what a unicorn is? 

The word unicorn comes from the Latin term unicornis which literally means one-horn. This majestic creature resembles a white horse with a single spiraling horn coming from the center of its head. The unicorn is a symbol of grace, beauty and purity.

On a working visit to the Nether Realm, I wandered into Elfin Forest in the hope of contacting the wood elves where they live. I planned to write a piece about them describing how they track down a precious silver known as Argentum Lucis. That idea blew away like a leaf picked up by a hurricane when I came across an extremely rare sight even for us mystics.

A unicorn was lying in the middle of the forest with a pillar of light shining on top of him through the trees.  Slowly, I approached the creature, trying to show him that I meant him

no harm.  Suddenly, I heard a voice say, "Don't be afraid."  I was slightly taken aback because there was no one else there with me in the forest except this unicorn. 

He stood up and looked at me without any fear, almost as though he was expecting me. As I drew near, I noticed his mouth moving and heard him say, "I was sent to speak with you.  I am pleased to meet you Oracle."  I was in shock.  I didn't even know that these creatures could speak.  My curiosity got the best of me and before I knew it, I was interviewing him.

Where are you from?
I come directly from the light that creates life.  All unicorns do. 

Meaning?
The creator of all living things took light energy and molded it to give us life. We do not have parents. Instead we have magic and we are able to store the magic in our horns. This magic is based on goodness, purity, love, and light and is the most powerful magic of all.

I have heard that you frequently speak in riddles.  Is this true?
Why yes. You cannot expect things to be easy can you? For example, if asked if we are male or female, we may respond “yes”. If asked our name, we may tell you that we do not have one. Essentially, we do not need labels.

You have to look at world and see the magic already in it if you want to find answers. We cannot always give a straight answer because you are meant to find magic for yourself and in yourself. We can point you in the right direction. And some questions are just not meant to be answered. 

You are very mysterious.
Thank you.

Why did you appear to me?

I want you to tell our story.  Part of our purpose is to inspire and give hope to others.  We are a lot like guardian angels or spirits.  Everyone needs something to believe in and we want people to believe in magic again.  So by talking to you and sharing our stories we hope to rekindle people's faith in the light.  We want to bring light to all worlds.

But it's always been told that only innocent and virginal maidens can communicate with you?
That was a bit of an exaggeration. I think that myth came to be because everyone always associated light with virginity and obedience but it is really all about intentions. Anybody who is pure of heart, kind in soul and has a mind that is strong can communicate with us. 

What is it about pure-hearted souls that draws you?
Their passion to make all of our worlds a better place.  Our magic may have come from our creator but it stays alive through the goodness and light of other beings.

How can I find other unicorns?
You can’t find us unless we want you to. If you happened to stumble upon us, we would hide our horns and you would mistake us for ordinary white horses. We have been given specific instructions on who we appear to and why and would only reveal ourselves when we were confident that you are one we are seeking.


Are there other animals like you with a singular magical horn?
There were but unfortunately they became extinct.  The magic that we carried was too much for them.  They couldn't handle it so it eventually destroyed them. 
How did you keep yourself safe?
We are able to become invisible so we cannot be detected by any means, magical or non-magical.  That is very important for our survival.  As for getting around, we can not only teleport but levitate ourselves. We are not fighters but we do protect ourselves vigorously.

What kind of magic do you do?
We can do many things.   As creatures of light we can brighten even the darkest of places so the lost can find their way. We can heal ourselves and others.  We can guide others even if they cannot see us.  But the most important thing that we do is ensure that the magical life force in all living things is alive and protected. 


Thank you for speaking with me today.
You are welcome.  I will see you again in the near future. 


This is one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to me.  I am in awe of this beautiful, wise and magnificent creature.  As I have said before, this is a rare occurrence.  I did a little checking and it turns out that only about 30 (I guess 31 now) out of millions of mystics have reported contact with a unicorn.  I hope to see my new four-legged, horned friend again sometime soon.  Maybe even learn a little more from him.  Has anyone else seen a unicorn lately?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment