Monday, November 16, 2015

Bluebirds, Butterflies and the Nether Realm Social Media

With winter approaching here in Calgary, I am reminded of how much I miss forms of communication that we use back in the Nether Realm.  Here in the Earth Realm we have tweets, texts and other social media but in the Nether Realm we rely primarily on bluebirds and butterflies.  They all fly, flutter and flit through the sky seemingly as free as free can be.  I love watching all of the butterflies and birds in the sky.  It's like watching a firework display in the daytime.  I'm always happy to see one of these creatures perched on my window sill.  They usually bring good news. 

 
It's just like the song "The Bluebird of Happiness" by Sandor Harmati, Edward Heyman and Harry Parr-Davies: 
Be like I, hold your head up high,
Till you find a bluebird of happiness.
You will find greater peace of mind
Knowing there's a bluebird of happiness.

And when he sings to you,
Though you’re deep in blue,
You will see a ray of light creep through,
And so remember this, life is no abyss,
Somewhere there’s a bluebird of happiness.

Charles Dickens wrote, “I only ask to be free.  The butterflies are free”. 

 But even bluebirds and butterflies have a responsibilities in the Nether Realm.  They are more than happy to carry out their duty as messengers of the Faye Clan. Back in the Nether Realm I would send off a blue bird and two butterflies in the morning.  The bluebird was for "The Parchment News" (who I also write for) and my butterflies went to my mother and my friend.  While I waited for my little messengers to come back, I had a cup of tea with a little breakfast and got ready for my day.   I usually got my return messages after I left my home and while walking through the Mystinia Forest. The butterflies would land on my shoulder to whisper in my ear. The bluebird would land on my finger to tweet his message. Often these creatures brought small gifts with them.  The last time I was there, I got a magic ring from a butterfly.  I wear it all the time and I consider it my totem.

When there is an emergency or urgency, we call upon the wisps.  These orbs of light are almost as fast as telepathy. Only Mystics are actually capable of telepathy but we do not use it for frivolous matters.  We Mystics are rarely concerned about whether or not we get a quick message because we know that we will get it when we are meant to.  Back in the Nether Realm, we view time very differently than the Earth Realm.  I find that the Earth Realm is really rushed. Like most mystics, I'm not a rusher.  I like to take my time.  So you see, the bluebirds and butterflies may not be as fast as an email but they are reliable and effective.  And we fairies love them!

  Like Carrie Bradshaw (from Sex in the City) says, "Don't settle for anything less than butterflies."We mystics don't settle for anything less but we like our bluebirds too.  My advice to you my favorite readers is to remember these words. These creatures are light, beautiful, and happy. Make time for the birds and the butterflies. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment