Saturday, December 19, 2015

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


“It’s the most wonderful time of the year,” Edward Pola and George Wyle wrote it, Andy Williams sang it and almost everybody agrees with it.  I am one of those who very much agrees with the saying.  This festive holiday brings a joyous energy that fills the air. 

After wrapping my last Christmas present, I feel like I can finally relax and enjoy the season.  The snow falls outside as I sit inside with a nice cup of hot cocoa and with the smell of baking in the air.  I watch the snow sprites dance outside on the snowflakes while “Imagine: John Lennon 75th Birthday Concert” plays gently in the background.  It seems appropriate to watch something beautiful and magical while listening to something that is equally beautiful.  John Lennon shared a message of peace and love to all through music.  It lifts you up and pulls on your heart strings.

Speaking of lifting you up, I can’t help but think of our constant December heartthrob, Saint Nick.  Sure he’s married but we ladies of the Nether Realm cannot help but love a man who is a perpetual gift giver and philanthropist with a soft spot for kids.  Right now he is probably traveling the world and giving out the best gifts for his greatest fans (I hope he gets me something good).  But I wonder what he does on his off-season times. 

I have tried to contact him by bluebird and butterfly but I have yet to hear from him.  Perhaps I should try a wisp or maybe the snow sprites will deliver the message for me.  One day I hope to contact him for an interview and we can all get to know the real Santa Claus.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, my friends.

In the meantime, I will enjoy the traditional holiday festivities.  The games, the food and of course, the Christmas lights.  The lights remind me of the glow that all fairies possess.  Each fairy is unique and shines in its own beautiful way.  This holiday season I’ve driven around in my car (yes driven a car, not flown a dragon, ridden an equine or been fired from a cannon).  Of all the lights I’ve seen this year these that are pictured are my favorites. 

So to all of you.  I wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a prosperous New Year.  

 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment